25 random things about me
1. My biggest regret is not going to college.
2. I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every single day of school for twelve years.
3. I danced with Fred Astaire on a TV show when I was a little girl.
4. I was in the lowest reading group in grammar school and ever since I have worried that I am not very smart.
5. I irrationally dream that one day I’ll be a professional tennis player.
6. My first memory is of not being allowed to go on a hayride with my brother.
7. The saddest day of my life was when my mom died.
8. I often don’t return phone calls.
9. I had two career goals as a child: to be a cartoonist or a political commentator. I achieved neither.
10. I don’t like talking about myself.
11. The best thing that ever happened to me was meeting my husband Harvey.
12. I wear the same size clothes I did in high school.
13. My dad is the funniest person I ever met.
14. I won’t eat anything that has touched mustard.
15. I’d like to meet the tennis player Roger Federer.
16. I’ve changed careers five times.
17. I sweat profusely when I exercise.
18. I don’t like to wear clothes that I have to pull over my head to get on and off.
19. I used to wear shoes a full size too small because I thought small feet looked cuter.
20. I don’t remember any of my teachers.
21. As a kid I liked listening to grownups talk.
22. I like word games even though I’m not very good at them.
23. I won’t own a dog because I wouldn’t be caught dead holding a plastic bag full of poop.
24. I keep my ambitions to myself, and work secretly toward my goals.
25. I didn’t let anyone in my family read my first book until I found a publisher.